Melbourne Football

Matchday 15: v Newcastle - Saturday 18th January 7.30pm at AAMI Park

Harrison

Take the sexist crap to a Trump forum. 

Turning to the game there's no excuses for this one. Our game style was too good for them last time and you'd expect us to be more comfortable back at home. Hopefully we see Susaeta for 20-30 minutes and Maclaren score a brace after being particularly selfless the past few matches. Double header with the women and should be in the mid 20's come kick off though unfortunately smoke haze forecast for Saturday. 

Nothing he said was sexist, he just said A-league is for men's and W-league is for women's. 

As for my opinion, I don't really care. If she turns out to be crap like the rest of them then sack the lot of them and get fifa official refs.

Hopefully under new management in the A-league next season we can finally get official refs who know what they are doing especially for VAR as atm the refs are terrible of the pitch and off.

This is a FORUM which means we discuss and debate things not to argue and call each other names like F*** Nugget, sexist and Moron (Not trying to call people out.) If u don't agree, cool just don't abuse people. Bloody hell people take things way to far when it comes to jokes, people's agendas and probably other stuff.

I need a break from this forum even though I only come on once every 2 weeks. People just need to calm the hell down

Edited by xXCiTyZeNXx

10 minutes ago, hyperfuzz said:

calling out sexism isn’t calling someone a name. playmaker had his crack at dictating what people can and can’t talk about in a previous match day thread - by his own yardstick he should pipe down.

1- he wasn't being sexist if u actually read what he said properly 

2- how's he stopping u/ dictating what people say. This isn't a dictatorship, u can say whatever as long as it's not abusive. 

I ain't backing playmaker. I don't agree with him on this topic but that doesn't mean he can't express his opinion on a forum 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, xXCiTyZeNXx said:

2- how's he stopping u/ dictating what people say. This isn't a dictatorship, u can say whatever as long as it's not abusive. 

I ain't backing playmaker. I don't agree with him on this topic but that doesn't mean he can't express his opinion on a forum 

the end

24700377-8C01-48C6-AC74-C363605AE7A4.jpeg

25 minutes ago, xXCiTyZeNXx said:

12982.jpg.6f6d7a194ee2f11b77771e5ffc5ff29e.jpg

In what world is this not a sexist comment? What skills necessary to being a good REFEREE  in a game of football are sex-specific?  They run/jog/walk what, 5 to 6 km's a game, they need a good eye, the physical ability to move to and be in the right areas to observe the play, a good understanding of the rules of the game and the courage to make the tough and correct decisions, and stand up for them in the face of player abuse. That isn't something men have a genetic, biological or any other kind of ingrained advantage over women. 

Therefore saying "female refs have no place in the men's competition" is, in my eyes, textbook sexism. There is no logical reason to keep the sexes apart when it comes to referring in A-League/W-League games. Have all the opinions you want, just don't cry foul when they're rebutted. 

• Like 2

Calm down everyone.

Think for a minute or two before you hit "Submit reply." Please, no personal abuse. Other moderators may differ from me, but I have already implied that I don't think Playmaker was out of order to state his opinion on the use of female referees in the A-League. In saying that I am not casting an opinion on his opinion. He is entitled to express it, and he did so in a reasonably respectful manner.

6 minutes ago, xXCiTyZeNXx said:

Yeah that new signing though. McLaren 7 goals,  Spanish guy, 5 assists, Fevola 10 goals.

If you are confused look at the bullshit watch

The only thing I'm confused about is why you have tried rolling this fevola joke thing out for the third time

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, neio said:

The only thing I'm confused about is why you have tried rolling this fevola joke thing out for the third time

Is it only my mates who have a sense of humor. Nah just joking

12 minutes ago, hyperfuzz said:

You literally have told people not to talk about their views in the previous thread. Jog on.

U still going

1 hour ago, mus-28 said:

Imagine how much @strider would've paid for a pair of Orlando Engelaars match worn underwear. 

Ah the good old Strider, wonde what happened to him. Imagine if he was still around.....this sensitive and politically correct forum would be in overdrive, judging by last nights discussion.