Melbourne Football

Matchday 15: v Newcastle - Saturday 18th January 7.30pm at AAMI Park

Harrison

This is a Bushfire Appeal double-header with the W-League match kicking off at 5pm.

Newcastle have the new coach and didn’t play terribly against Sydney. Have to be a little bit wary of the new manager bounce. 

Could be looking at a few changes. Delbridge is available and Windbichler is a question mark. Berenguer looked like he pinged a hammy, but might’ve been fatigue or cramp. 

Of course, the new signing might get a few minutes or even a start if he’s fit. Let’s hope he’s ready to go. 

Edited by Harrison

By my count we have 7 players unavailable for this game (4 olyroos, 2 injured, 1 released not replaced as yet). 
Clearly that stretches us. 
Newy on the other hand are stone motherless last.

Changes? We‘ll see what Eric reckons but perhaps Delbridge for Griffiths and Colovoski for Wales. (Ultimately improved performances is more about the team playing better rather than personnel changes though).

• Like 1

Melbourne City FC squad: 3.Scott JAMIESON (c), 4.Harrison DELBRIDGE, 6.Josh BRILLANTE, 7.Rostyn GRIFFITHS, 9.Jamie MACLAREN, 10.Florin BERENGUER 11.Craig NOONE, 13.Nathaniel ATKINSON, 14.Markel SUSAETA 19.Lachlan WALES, 20.Adrian LUNA, 22.Curtis GOOD, 23.Dean BOUZANIS (gk), 30.Moudi NAJJAR, 36.Kerrin STOKES, 37.Gianluca IANNUCCI, 38.Yaya DUKULY, 39.Idrus ABDULAHI, 46.Joe GAUCI (gk), 49.Stefan COLAKOVSKI
**2-3 to be omitted**

Ins: 4.Harrison DELBRIDGE (returns from suspension), 14.Markel SUSAETA (new signing), 37.Gianluca IANNUCCI (promoted)

Outs: 2.Scott GALLOWAY (ankle)

Unavailable: 1.Tom GLOVER (gk) (international duty),17.Denis GENREAU (international duty), 21.Ramy NAJJARINE (international duty), 34.Connor METCALFE (international duty), 40.Richard WINDBICHLER (hamstring)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dylan said:

First female referee for this game

I don't care whether the ref is male, female, in-between or transitioning. IMO the most important things are to know the rules of the game, officiate fairly, and by next season at the latest sort out the mess between the on-field referee and the VAR. IMO the VAR should only come into the picture if the on-field referee asks for him/her. As it stands, in one match the VAR interferes with decision-making off his/her own bat, and in another might as well be asleep.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I don't care whether the ref is male, female, in-between or transitioning. IMO the most important things are to know the rules of the game, officiate fairly, and by next season at the latest sort out the mess between the on-field referee and the VAR. IMO the VAR should only come into the picture if the on-field referee asks for him/her. As it stands, in one match the VAR interferes with decision-making off his/her own bat, and in another might as well be asleep.

Kris Griffiths-Jones is the VAR ref, they have thrown her under the bus ahah

15 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Female refs have no place in the men's competition, they have their own competition to work in and its called the W-league.

Men refs should be in the men's competition and woman refs in the women's competition.

Admins surely this kind of talk can't be allowed?

34 minutes ago, IssySG said:

Admins surely this kind of talk can't be allowed?

He (or she) is entitled to express an opinion. Objection over-ruled. Moderators will generally stay out of things unless people start to insult one another, won't let go if they have been asked to just drop something, or get into territory that might bring the forum and its members into disrepute. 

Social engineering and brainwashing of the masses is working well I see.

Oh well.

Nothing wrong with thinking that a men's league should be exclusive to men and a woman's  league should be exclusive to women.

I have never understood why there are so many men involved with the W-league tbh, as women are more than capable of running their own league at all levels.

3 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Oh well.

Nothing wrong with thinking that a men's league should be exclusive to men and a woman's  league should be exclusive to women.

I have never understood why there are so many men involved with the W-league tbh, as women are more than capable of running their own league at all levels.

Should be the best person for the job gender is irrelevant 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, playmaker said:

Female refs have no place in the men's competition, they have their own competition to work in and its called the W-league.

Men refs should be in the men's competition and woman refs in the women's competition.

Have you considered you might just be a moron?

18 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Oh well.

So many brain meltingly dumb things said in so few words. It's some sort of talent. But not one I'd personally be keen to advertise. 

26 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Oh well.

Curious as to why you don’t think a woman is capable of umpiring a men’s game (and I guess vice versa).

Do you think the men’s game needs some sort of superior strength? Or you think the the guys won’t be able to understand a woman’s direction? 

Do you have issues listening/working with women? Genuinely just curious...

Edited by Hanz

9 minutes ago, xXCiTyZeNXx said:

Geez this forums a bit abusive today. Think people should calm down a bit. If u don't agree with what he said thats fine, have a debate but no need to start bad mouthing. Bloody hell guys

Perhaps we're all just sick of the constant bullshit...

P.S. I'm out of likes unfortunately, as there are some real quality comments above that need recognition.

Edited by rass
  • Like 1