Melbourne Football

Would u like to see NYL Games before MHFC Home Games?

Peter

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/melbourneheart/news-display/Melbourne-Heart-and-Football-Federation-Victoria-to-host-VPL-Grand-Final/48878

So we are to host the VPL final before the match against Wellington. Whilst I am in favour of this it seems a bit strange as from what I remember NYL games are not permitted before A-League games as the turf isn`t up to it. It seems that that is not a problem for the most important game of the VPL season though.

Perhaps if there is no complaint from the VPL we could host the NYL before the main Heart matches and expose our NYL to home crowds as well as introduce the players to club members and supporters.

A NYL match would be better "pre-match" entertainment than the current dribble.

• Like 1

Personally as someone who attends almost all NYL MHFC games as well as MHFC A League Games I much prefer them to be on the Sunday as a game in their own right.

Otherwise myself and Tthe many others I know in the same position would just miss out on seeing the NYL team as we would be at the regular Pre Match at The Gimp instead.

MOD NOTE: I edited the topic to make it more relevant to the question asked in the OP.

Edited by cadete

The VPL GF is after our match against Wellington.

And an emphatic 'no' to double headers involving our youth team. Like Cadete I try to attend all home NYL matches, and prefer them to remain on a Sunday as per last season.

There is no way I could get my wife to attend a double header, and she would not want to go to or from AAMI Park by herself. So, a double header would either mean I'd miss out on NYL games or we'd lose Mrs. JW as a member.

Edit: So, circumstances differ for all sorts of reasons!

Edited by jw1739