Melbourne Football

The Sydney FC Thread

Jimmy

• 4 weeks later...

Ognenovski plays = best defence in the league.

Ognenovski injured = conceed 3 goals.

:hmm:

It's actually why I put my money on Adelaide, Sydney are fucked without OG

Too bad he is probably done for good after that injury.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

Ognenovski plays = best defence in the league.

Ognenovski injured = conceed 3 goals.

:hmm:

It's actually why I put my money on Adelaide, Sydney are fucked without OG

Too bad he is probably done for good after that injury.

Always been a massive Og fan as well, absolute legend

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Didn't realise how many new signings these guys made.

Robert Stambolziev is a guy that got a lot of coverage as a young lad, was very talented for his age, but fell off the raider grinding away in the lower leagues of European leagues. But the Cypriot league is pretty decent and was playing in the Greek league just before this. We've certainly seen players with worse CVs do well in the A-League so I think he could be a handy player TBH.

• 4 weeks later...

Wasn't a dive.

Hard to say whether he tripped on his own feet or was clipped - definatly not a penalty - but a few good looks at that and I reckon he didn't go down on purpose.

What he did after was pretty shit, and no doubt everyone now rightly thinks he's a cunt, but punishment is not necessary

• Like 1

Wasn't a dive.

Hard to say whether he tripped on his own feet or was clipped - definatly not a penalty - but a few good looks at that and I reckon he didn't go down on purpose.

What he did after was pretty shit, and no doubt everyone now rightly thinks he's a cunt, but punishment is not necessary

When I saw it live I could tell it was a genuine fall, except I thought he had tripped over his own feet. 

It was the way that he put his hands out to exaggerate the fall which you could almost say was simulation, but that happens all the time so you cant ping him for that.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Antonis has ITBS.  That's why he didn't play last night.

ITBS or Iliotibial Band Syndrome.  This is a chronic condition from over use that effects runners.  Now you can get temporary relief from it with a Cortisone injection, but that doesn't fix anything.  Really the best way to manage it is to spot it early (not hard, it fu^&ing hurts like hell around your knee when you try to run a half decent distance) and rest to let the irritation subside then slowly build up the ks again BUT if you won't do that and just try to manage your load it will just get worse and worse until you have to get surgery.

I would think if Antonis actually missed a match he must have surely done the injection thing and now they have said "no more mate".   I'd say he's going to need surgery but presumably they will try to manage his work load until the end of the season.  I see Arnold says he shouldn't go away with the Olyroos.  It would make sense to rest if he hasn't got it so bad there's no fixing it.  Arnold also said he came back from socceroos with it.  At first i thought that seemed ridiculous, but maybe not, if the running at the socceroos was a LOT more than what he was used to at Sydney.  (I must be naive, I assumed professional players would also run outside of training to ensure they are in top physical nick to perform at their best in their profession, if this was the case a new coach who wanted you to train harder would be no problem, you could ease up your other ks to keep the balance). 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This can't be great for WSW. I reckon all the fickle supporters who jumped over to the Wanderers will now be jumping straight back.

Also new fans who aren't sure which side to support are likely to go to the team with Emerton and Del Piero over the team of ex-Jets and other A-league rejects whose supporters are all ethnic gang members who pelt children with rocks.

I miss being this funny.

ok so now Dimitrijevic has re-signed, meaning Sydney have a midfield including Dimitrijevic, Ninkovic, Tavares and Antonis and a forward line featuring Holosko, Smeltz and Brosque, along with some really strong young players such as Hoole, Gersbach and Naumoff

The defence isn't the best but with Arnie's tactics, it's hard to see them being beaten for the title this season.

• 2 months later...

This article was supposed to talk down the chances of Arnold leaving but it hardly does that:

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2015/10/06/arnold-will-honour-his-sydney-fc-commitments

"Agents call all the time, asking what your contract situation is and where you're at," Arnold said.

"It is mainly down to the fact that I've played there for six years.

"I had a good name when I played there and I've worked with Guus Hiddink and Haan Berger."

then

"The Japan thing was a cultural issue that I could not deal with," Arnold said.

"It had nothing to do with the football side of it. I was working totally against my strength as a coach, which is man management.

"That's why I left, so I would not be too scared to try again."

TBH would be a waste to see Arnold stuck at scum fc.  Obviously it won't happen anyway, as they'll sack him if he loses 2 in a row

Marc Janko sticking it up Sydney for not paying him more.

7 goals in 8 games for FC Basel since he's signed with them and 7 goals in 9 games for Australia during the Euro qualifiers. Man can't stop scoring.

Basel is a very good team as well, another case of a player coming from Europe and not doing his best in the A-League (even though he was good, if he can do this then he should have been scoring 2 goals a game in the A-league)

Basel is a very good team as well, another case of a player coming from Europe and not doing his best in the A-League (even though he was good, if he can do this then he should have been scoring 2 goals a game in the A-league)

17 goals in 27 matches isn't good ? 

• 2 weeks later...