Melbourne Football

The Sydney FC Thread

Jimmy

Wonder if Lucy Zelic will have anything to say about this...

As I was discussing yesterday I find it funny that our silent protest/Aloisi out 'campaign' was met with disgust and fury that we'd treat a prodigal son like that but then foxsports are turning around backing Sydney FC fans and calling for meetings between directors, manager and fans.

I also got drunk by having a shot every time they mentioned 'toxic atmosphere'

Especially since Sydney's protest has made ours look quite passive, one of them actually threw a drink at Farina :droy:

Sydney and their fans seem to get a fair bit of love from the Football media, to the point of them really being treated as the biggest, most prestigious club in the comp, it's sickening really.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/philip-micallef/blog/1181032/Scrap-Sydney-FC-and-start-again

FFS it shits me to no end the way the media have taken a polar opinion of Syd Fc and their fans compared to us when we were in dire straits. Calling them loyal for putting up with what have been stellar performances compared to what was our (at the time) never ending nightmare.

Cause in their eyes they are too big to fail. That and also cause they are sydney poofter cunts that won't bag out their beloved club or supporters.

But wait till they start kissing the royal arse of our club next season when the big boys of the world game come to town.

I don't mind us flying under the radar and punching above our weight TBH.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Goneski

Sydney sack Farina

Sdney FC today confirmed they had sacked coach Frank Farina after a board meeting following the club's early exit from the A-League finals series.

Farina joined the club on a temporary basis 18 months ago before doing enough to earn a full-time contract for this year, despite the misgivings of sections of the club's fans.
However a rollercoaster season failed to ignite Sydney's title hopes and they again crashed out of the finals series after just scraping into the A-League's top six.
Sydney FC are now said to be looking at bringing in Graham Arnold for one of the most scrutinised jobs in Australian football after the former Central Coast Mariners and Socceroos boss exited his Japanese club Vegalta Sendai earlier this month.
However they are believed to be competing with Newcastle Jets for Arnold's signature, which may have prompted the swift decision on Farina's fate the morning after their club awards night.
A statement from the club said Sydney chairman Scott Barlow thanked Farina for his "significant contribution" over the past two years.
“Frank joined us as coach in a difficult period last season and has always given his absolute dedication and commitment to the club,” Barlow said.
“Frank has shown great integrity and resolve in what has been often challenging circumstances this year. I would like to pay tribute to Frank for his professionalism and wish him well for the future.”

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/sydney-sack-farina#jsUuDDZRSvBzUSWA.99

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/sydney-sack-farina

As I posted in "unpopular opinions".  I rate Farina as a coach.  Not an easy task coaching at Scum FC, with their "we are the Manchester United of Australia" rubbish and dealing with the squad he had at the start of the season.  By the end of the season they looked a decent side so i thought he deserve congratulations, not the sack.

Anyway i think its great - the more instability they have, the worse they will perform on the field.

Presumably they will be after Arnold, but he will surely only go there if he has no other options (given their track record with coaches).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dont think they were looking after us.

They were only out for themselves.

We owe them nothing.

Bling FC. New second favourite A-League club.

Nah ..... Fuk em

Still shitney!!! You are a cynical lot, aren't you? :D You honestly think they did it for our sake?!?!?!

Rather be cynical/realist than deluded

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was just on main event about to order a ppv and I noticed you actually have to pay for the sydney vs West ham & Newcastle games and same goes goes Wellington. $19.95 each or a 4 game pass for $39.95.

I'm not sure who's idea it was to work it this way but it seems like a pretty cunty thing to do.