Melbourne Football

The Sydney FC Thread

Jimmy

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Best thing tonight is reading the comments on the Cove website http://sfcu.com.au/smf202/index.php?topic=22412.300         

"This is unwatchable, embarrassing tripe.

Forfeit anymore appearances in the comp this year before we damage our reputation any further. "

QUALITY STUFF :clap:

Edited by HEARTinator

I only watched part of the second half but I thought their ball movement was quite good. Granted Urawa did allow them somewhat to have the ball. They seemed to be missing any penetrating passes and plays in their final third. Should have scored in the last 5 minutes. 

Edited by n i k o

8 minutes ago, n i k o said:

I only watched part of the second half but I thought their ball movement was quite good. Granted Urawa did allow them somewhat to have the ball. They seemed to be missing any penetrating passes and plays in their final third. Should have scored in the last 5 minutes. 

Don't be fooled. I like this contribution on the Cove site:

"Okay lads listen up and pay attention to the whiteboard, I am only going to say this once. Now we are going to start with a bank of five at the back, yes, I know we have never done this before but we have an ace up our sleeve...Zac, make sure you play like you have never played before"

"Now, in front of this we are going to sit two deep lying midfielders, two things are important here, make sure you boot it straight over their heads however if you absolutely must give them the ball, make sure you don't make a run for them, save that energy for a push in the last 5 minutes"

"Are we all still awake? Good - next we are going to put three upfront, you two underperforming young guys with no touch, hug the touchline and try yout best - If you manage to hold the ball for more than 3 seconds look for our man upfront, he is easy to find, he is the one who has struggled to score all season but don't worry, I have given him the armband, its bright orange -just look for that"

"So, what are we missing, oh yes - my captain, I know you are the only player to have played in Japan and yes, you did well there but I would prefer to fly you all the way over here and sit you on the bench next to that import who i dropped the marquee for..." 

"Let's go, I have word the Pep is in the stand having heard about this football revolution"

Arnie is copping some crap.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, HEARTinator said:

Don't be fooled. I like this contribution on the Cove site:

"Okay lads listen up and pay attention to the whiteboard, I am only going to say this once. Now we are going to start with a bank of five at the back, yes, I know we have never done this before but we have an ace up our sleeve...Zac, make sure you play like you have never played before"

"Now, in front of this we are going to sit two deep lying midfielders, two things are important here, make sure you boot it straight over their heads however if you absolutely must give them the ball, make sure you don't make a run for them, save that energy for a push in the last 5 minutes"

"Are we all still awake? Good - next we are going to put three upfront, you two underperforming young guys with no touch, hug the touchline and try yout best - If you manage to hold the ball for more than 3 seconds look for our man upfront, he is easy to find, he is the one who has struggled to score all season but don't worry, I have given him the armband, its bright orange -just look for that"

"So, what are we missing, oh yes - my captain, I know you are the only player to have played in Japan and yes, you did well there but I would prefer to fly you all the way over here and sit you on the bench next to that import who i dropped the marquee for..." 

"Let's go, I have word the Pep is in the stand having heard about this football revolution"

Arnie is copping some crap.

holy fuck, that salt is real ahahaha 

say what you will about JVS, but I'd rather him over Arnie any day

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

12802999_1235775413103548_65725291864451

A friend of mine tagged me in a post saying this is going to be Sydney's badge next season. Not sure of how reliable the source is

Seeing stuff like this makes me appreciate even more how nice the Melbourne City logo is. We've done pretty bloody well. As for this, better than the crap they have now, but still fairly shit

6 hours ago, Luke said:

Hate this tacky American movement 

This is a step away from the American style. The one they currently have is far more Americanized

I dont know if I would go so far as to say I like it, but as has been mentioned above I like it more than the current one. 

I like it. What makes it work is that all of the elements of the logo are inside the...I guess you would call it the overall shape (in this case it's a shield) so it looks neater and more traditional. as soon as you start having names and parts of it fall outside it looks tacky and americanised. Which pretty much all aleague logos do except ours Brisbane and CCM from memory.

FWIW my favourite is Brisbanes.

1 hour ago, Dylan said:

I like it. What makes it work is that all of the elements of the logo are inside the...I guess you would call it the overall shape (in this case it's a shield) so it looks neater and more traditional. as soon as you start having names and parts of it fall outside it looks tacky and americanised. Which pretty much all aleague logos do except ours Brisbane and CCM from memory.

Brisbane looks like the Gryffindor crest

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dylan said:

I really like CCM's logo. It has a really cool retro feel

11 hours ago, GreenSeater said:

Seeing stuff like this makes me appreciate even more how nice the Melbourne City logo is. We've done pretty bloody well. As for this, better than the crap they have now, but still fairly shit

Yes, what on earth is that little symbol thing at the bottom of the shield? Is it nautical - something to do with an anchor and the bands on the bottom of a navy officer's uniform sleeve? If you look at the bottom half of the shield the opera house looks like a three-master with its stern on the left.

After City's badge the only one I like is the Phoenix. The rest are pure crap IMO.

15 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Yes, what on earth is that little symbol thing at the bottom of the shield? Is it nautical - something to do with an anchor and the bands on the bottom of a navy officer's uniform sleeve? If you look at the bottom half of the shield the opera house looks like a three-master with its stern on the left.

After City's badge the only one I like is the Phoenix. The rest are pure crap IMO.

It's an anchor dragging the whole club to the bottom of the ocean. I think it's name is Arnie. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

It's a crows nest

On 3/11/2016 at 1:21 PM, KSK_47 said:

Its on the City's coat of arms.

Now where have seen this idea used before i wonder? Hmmmmm

Ah, thank you. Apparently it's a crown and anchor. Wikipedia concludes its discussion on the current "coat of arms" (1996) with  "As the current arms does not follow the original grant of arms, it is not in fact a proper coat of arms at all; more of a logo in the style of a coat of arms." Now I like that comment. Appropriate for Sydney - no class at all.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Looking at Bobo as marquee, could be quality. Looks like he was playing in the Brazilian Serie A last season, probably top 5 league in the world depending on your thoughts of Ligue 1.

Edited by Tesla

8 hours ago, Tesla said:

Looking at Bobo as marquee, could be quality. Looks like he was playing in the Brazilian Serie A last season, probably top 5 league in the world depending on your thoughts of Ligue 1.

Was always prolific in the Turkish League fwiw. Great goalscoring record during his time there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...