Melbourne Football

MHFC Index - Melbourne Derby blog/article COMPETITION

hardsy

Hey guys, we are looking for your best/worst/first memories of the Melbourne Derby. PRIZES will be on offer for the best opinions/article. We are looking for around 300-500 words but not too stringent on the numbers. You have until Sep 28 to submit your piece to dhards@mhfcindex.com Thanks guys for your continued support of the site, and remember we are always looking for new contributors.

1st season derbies: absolutely no A.C.A.B. which made for a 'anything goes' situation in the terrace. Those days are sorely missed ;(.

The Third Derby in S1 was the most policed Derby of all time:

They had all the horses out and made all Heart Supporters walk out towards North Melbourne under guard.

TBH I thought that this was going to be the norm from then on in but they loosened the grip they next year for the same fixture.

Edited by cadete

Yes M****t`s front row trial for the Wallabies left a litlle to be desired. Alex terra`s kick overhead for JA was definitely one to remember, however I think Terra`s winner (as the Yanks say I`m missing him already) in the first derby will always be my standout Heart memory :)