Melbourne Football

Newcastle United

ToonHeart

The 2-0 score line flattered the magpies against a weak Southampton.Every team had scored against us before today,so you`ve got problems up forward.

Wouldn't really say it was a "weak" Southampton.... I wouldn't say we have problems up forward either, seeing as Demba Ba is equal 2nd with RVP in most goals this season so far. Our problem is we just don't show enough commitment and desire up front to win the possesion and create chances. And when we do start creating chances it's in the last 10 minutes when it is all to late....

Anyways.... What an appalling effort from Newcastle today, absolutely horrid. We are very lucky it wasn't by a bigger margin aswell.... We were outplayed in every aspect of the game today and Southampton played brilliantly and well deserved there 2-0 win. We played with no creativity, no leadership and no quality whatsoever. It's so disappointing after finishing 5th last season.... We were flying and looking dangerous towards the end of the last campaign, and all the talk was "Can Newcastle be top 4 contenders in this upcoming season."

I feel for the travelling Newcastle fans who had to travel down nearly 300 miles to watch an embarrasing and dismal effort. Really not sure what we are going to do to turn our season around, but we need to do something and we need it fast. 3 losses in a row is not good enough. I am not being negative or losing faith in Newcastle, I am just being realistic. Really not sure what is going to happen against Stoke away this Thursday morning... I guess all we can do is be positive and hope for the best.

Edited by tomby

• 2 weeks later...

Finally a win that all Newcastle fans have been waiting for, after 4 consecutive losses we are finally back on the winners list. Ever since Wigan went a man down in the first 10 minutes always knew we had it from there. Very happy with the 3-0 win, despite our recent form. Demba Ba very good again, and Cheick Tiote and Vurnon Anita were impressive in the midfield. Sylvain Marveuax I also thought was a clear standout. With Hatem Ben Arfa returning very soon I think we can make it 2 in a row against Fulham next week. Howay the Lads.

Also brilliant goal from substitute Gael Bigirimana, absolute gem.

1354570445083.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew has agreed a £10m deal for Loic Remy - paving the way for Demba Ba to leave next month.

Marseille striker Remy, 25, is poised to move in January in a deal which could involve Sylvain Marveaux going the other way.

It will be a major coup for Pardew and Newcastle as they have beaten off interest from West Ham, QPR and Tottenham to get Remy.

Marseille have decided to cash in this January rather than allow France international Remy to run down his contract as he was valued at £20m last summer when Spurs enquired.

But Newcastle have moved in because they are set to lose Ba who has a £7m contract buy-out clause, with Arsenal among the interested clubs.

Newcastle have moved to renegotiate Ba’s contract and remove the buy-out but with no success so the stand-off has pushed them into bracing themselves to lose him in January.

But there is also a deeper underlying problem in the strike force which Pardew believes his January merry-go-round could solve.

Ba was outspoken again this week in an outburst about style of play and his teammates, which is understood to have upset some of the squad.

Loic who's talking: Remy was valued at £20m last summer

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew has agreed a £10m deal for Loic Remy - paving the way for Demba Ba to leave next month.

Marseille striker Remy, 25, is poised to move in January in a deal which could involve Sylvain Marveaux going the other way.

It will be a major coup for Pardew and Newcastle as they have beaten off interest from West Ham, QPR and Tottenham to get Remy.

Marseille have decided to cash in this January rather than allow France international Remy to run down his contract as he was valued at £20m last summer when Spurs enquired.

But Newcastle have moved in because they are set to lose Ba who has a £7m contract buy-out clause, with Arsenal among the interested clubs.

Newcastle have moved to renegotiate Ba’s contract and remove the buy-out but with no success so the stand-off has pushed them into bracing themselves to lose him in January.

But there is also a deeper underlying problem in the strike force which Pardew believes his January merry-go-round could solve.

Ba was outspoken again this week in an outburst about style of play and his teammates, which is understood to have upset some of the squad.

Ba and his Senegalese international team mate Papiss Cisse have struggled to play together this season and that breakdown is a major factor in recent disappointing results.

Cisse was a sensation when he arrived last season with 13 goals, including the Goal of the Season in a victory at Chelsea.

But even Match of the Day pundit and Newcastle legend Alan Shearer has highlighted the fact that they do not appear to be passing to each other.

Even though they play together for club and country, the partnership has not worked. Ba played wide for much of last season while he has switched inside this term only for Cisse’s goals to dry up.

Pardew now faces having to sell Ba because of his contract but Remy coming in provides the perfect solution.

Pardew hopes Remy will give Newcastle a much needed lift as his pace and goals have made him one of Europe’s most sought after strikers.

Hopefully the Cisse and Remy combination up forward can be an improvement on Ba and Cisse. Excited about seeing Remy in the black and white if the deal goes ahead.

Edited by ToonHeart

Thoughts the lads gave it their all at Old Trafford. Probably would've won with Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Tiote and Steve Taylor in there. If we put in performances like that more consistently we will go back to the top half of the table. Hopefully a good FA Cup run will make up for the poor performance in the league.

• 2 weeks later...

not a stab at you mate, i was thinking the same thing. ahahah what a dog.

Gutted about not signing Remy. This is from a couple days back:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/8412654/Newcastle-have-agreed-a-deal-with-Montpellier-for-Mapou-Yanga-Mbiwa

Not jumping the gun this time. But would be a quality signing. Someone will pinch him I guess.

you should be happy if you get Yanga-Mbiwa.

good prospect, and wanted him at AC Milan when we were close to getting him 6 months back.

and danny simpson also could be heading towards the exit door?

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2013/01/23/newcastle-united-defender-danny-simpson-wanted-by-three-premier-league-clubs/

im sure youll find some french replacement ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Joe fucking Kinnear has been appointed 'Director of Football' to oversee the teams style of play.

Easily one of Cashleys most ridiculous moves. Honestly speechless, I swear he's doing this on purpose to take the piss.
I genuinely hate the bloke and can not wait for him to fuck off and sell the club. He is the worst thing to happen to this glorious club since I've been alive.

Fuck off Ashley. Fuck off Llambias. Fuck off Pardew. Fuck off Kinnear.

• Like 1

Kinnear this morning:

“I believe I’m a very good judge of character, a very good tactician, everything to do with football,”

“I got to know Newcastle inside out in the two years [sic] I was there,”

This bloke is suffering dementia and i'm not joking. He was at nufc for 5 months and then had a fucking heart attack!!

“I didn’t realise before I went up there that Geordies are Geordies. They want people from the area to work for that club. Because I wasn’t a Geordie, that went against me because my record was there for all to see. Maybe I reacted a little over the top, but half of the stuff that was written was very disappointing"

“It is all water under the bridge. When I took over we were third from bottom and we were lying 12th when I had my heart attack. You could get a million to one on that we’d go down. The people around the club tried to implicate me in the fact we were relegated. In fact, it was a load of c---. If I’d been there, it would never have happened.”

"If I'd still been there that would never happened - just for the record, I've never been manager at a club that's got relegated."

He relegated Luton and Wimbledon while he was manager!

This must be a joke. A horrible, cruel joke.

• Like 1

He's a fucking lunatic. How he has any connection with us in beyond me, he wasn't good enough for LUTON TOWN ffs.

We are the 20th most valuable club in the entire world and these are the clowns that are in charge, we should be among the elite but we're at the same level as Stoke and the mackems at the moment.

Fat Mike has made us into a laughing stock but he would have made a nice little profit since he's been here so its ok.

He's a fucking lunatic. How he has any connection with us in beyond me, he wasn't good enough for LUTON TOWN ffs.

We are the 20th most valuable club in the entire world and these are the clowns that are in charge, we should be among the elite but we're at the same level as Stoke and the mackems at the moment.

Fat Mike has made us into a laughing stock but he would have made a nice little profit since he's been here so its ok.

Seriously when I thought MA couldn't possibly make any more stupid decisions he hires this looney.

While he's the owner of our club we will never have any ambition but to survive the league.

Sir Bobby would be turning in his grave at how our club is being run.

• Like 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuAVjLpU9cU

Kinnear this morning on his (unconfirmed) appointment. Talking absolute shite. Highlights include:

"I've won manager of the year 3 times" - Complete lie

Pronouncing Yohan Cabaye as "Yohan Kebab", Ben Arfa as "Ben Afree", Cisse as "CeeCee" and calling Managing Director Derek Llambias "Dave Labeezee"

and my personal favourite - 

"I've certainly got more intelligence than them, that's for sure" regarding all Newcastle fans.

Still no word from the pathetic owners of my club as usual. What the fuck is happening.

• Like 2