Melbourne Football

Newcastle United

ToonHeart

Cisse is unstoppable, although I didn't like Ba's reaction to Cisse's second on the bench, looked far from impressed.

noticed this, dont think he likes that the attention isnt all about him now.

always seemed a bit arrogant tbh.

• 2 weeks later...

After the disappointment of seeing my Pompey go down :( I got a lot of joy watching this Newcastle side.

I will say it now, easily the most entertaining team to watch. The pass and movement. That Ben Arfa guy has more skills than anyone in the league, Cabaye is a midfield master and with Cisse and Ba up front it is amazing combination play.

Really like that Santon kid, and Tiote with Colloccini the defence is strong.

That Ben Arfa guy has more skills than anyone in the league, Cabaye is a midfield master and with Cisse and Ba up front it is amazing combination play.

Oh Hatem. :wub:

Should be in the French Squad for the Euros, injuries aside, his rise has been beautiful, an overdue one at that.

• Like 2

Tough run of fixtures to come, hopefully Bayern can win the UCL.

even then, as much as I would like you too, you will not make the 4.

Tottenham play 3 of the 4 fighting relegation ( Blackburn (H), Bolton (A), Villa (A) )

And then a midtablled Fulham (H)

Arsenal play

Norwich (H) and WBA (A).

I expect newcastle to pick up 0-3pts, Tottenham 5-9pts, and Arsenal 4-6pts.

Edited by MTP

Absolutely disgusting performance, felt it coming.

Should be talking about the brilliant performance from Wigan. They are in incredible form.

Tottenham play 3 of the 4 fighting relegation ( Blackburn (H), Bolton (A), Villa (A) )

Arsenal play

Norwich (H) and WBA (A).

What about Chelsea?

sorry, was in a rush and must've completely forgot.

Chelsea:

QPR (H), New (H), Liverpool (A), Rovers (H)

Expect them to pick up 3-7pts.

Not a cheap shot at chelsea, I just reckon all attention will be turned on both FA cup and UCL finals.

I'll admit im wrong if it happens, but is just my honest opinion.

Arsenal play

Norwich (H) and WBA (A).

cant see tottenham picking u that many pounts they are a bit shit of late and playing teams fighting to avoid relegation isnt such a walk in the park

Expect them to pick up 3-7pts.

Not a cheap shot at chelsea, I just reckon all attention will be turned on both FA cup and UCL finals.

I'll admit im wrong if it happens, but is just my honest opinion.

Fair enough. I don't really believe in the "playing for cups" idea so much personally though. There is a week between the QPR/Rovers games and the FA/CL final so you would expect pretty strong sides for those matches. Plus our players are fighting for spots in those finals so you would expect the second string players to be pretty motivated. Would be pretty surprised if we didn't pick up 6 points from those 2 games.

There will probably be a few rested for the game Vs Newcastle so there is a chance we will drop points there. Players fighting for spots in the final though, game could really go either way.

No idea what will happen vs Liverpool 3 days after the cup final.

Expect 6-12 points. If we beat Newcastle we should finish fourth.

• Like 1

Curtis Good really impressive in his 10 day trial, have a read of this.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/curtis-good-showing-premier-qualities/story-e6frf9if-1226341643587

Also, huge game coming up this week, Newcastle vs Manchester City at SJP. Must win games for both teams imo, should be a cracker. Hopefully the toon can bounce back after an embarrassing performance against Wigan last week....

He scores when he wants, he scoressss when he wantssss, Pappis Cisse, he scores when he wants.

cringe tbh.

Credit where credit is due though, Cisse is incredible. He reminds me of Drogba and is probably in the top 3 strikers in the world ATM. He was the difference between the two sides.

Newcastle deserve top 4 this season.

Pappis Cisse put two contenders for goal of the season up in one game.

the second was pure class, knew exactly what he was doing and where cech was postioned.

the win effectively ruled chelsea out of finishing in the 4 (4pts of with 2 games left, and there are 3 teams already there) so now they must rely on beating bayern in the UCL.

• 3 months later...

Quiet summer on Tyneside. Unsure about where the team will finish this season, really depending on who we bring in before September.

Europa League tie against Atromitos, next week should be a walk over.

Gutted i will be unable to watch the first 5 weeks of the season as I am off to China next week with school.

Realistically I don't think we will be able to go any better then we did last season so I think 5th to 8th is a realistic finish this season.

Edited by ToonHeart

vurnon_1526509a.jpg

Nearly got a done deal with Ajax's Vurnon Anita. Both clubs have agreed of a fee of £6 million, just waiting on Anita to agree now. From what i've heard he he can play in either midfield or in left-back, sounds like it will be a great singing if we get him.

Hoping for a 8th or above finish this season, really can't wait for the new campaign to begin. Not to sure how will we go against Tottenham in 5 days, we'll just have to wait and see.