Melbourne Football

Newcastle United

ToonHeart

I haven't really been following the transfers, heard a couple people saying Modigo Maiba was a definant to come to the toon, haven't heard anything about that for about 2 weeks now, also I heard Tottenham are looking at Demba Ba, also heard about a Andy Carrol return?

LOL I think you mean 2nd best poor suffering NUFC fans always the bridesmaid but never the bride ;)

I'm only 15 and I would classify myself almost long suffering.

I haven't really been following the transfers, heard a couple people saying Modigo Maiba was a definant to come to the toon, haven't heard anything about that for about 2 weeks now, also I heard Tottenham are looking at Demba Ba, also heard about a Andy Carrol return?

Modibo failed his medical is what I read. Carroll won't return but if he did would leave Liverpool shit faced if we got him for 10 million.

Edited by ToonHeart

Yeah thats true about Carroll, also do you think we will pick up anyone to replace Steven Taylor, imo we are really missing him back in defence.

We were interested in Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa from Montpellier , but that story has faded fast. Funnily enough at the moment although Pardew said he would only buy a central defender in the January transfer window we are linked with Andy Carroll, Wilfried Zaha and Jordan Rhodes.

Hopefully a positive result in a hour against QPR interesting how will go attacking wise seeing it is our first EPL game with Demba and Tiote.

Should be ok without Ba and Tiote, need to bring Hatem Ben Arfa on at about 60th min imo.

1-0 to the toon, Ben Arfa 74'.

Big Mike has listened

"Newcastle have signed Senegalese striker Papiss Demba Cisse from Freiburg on a five-and-a-half-year deal for an undisclosed fee.

The 26-year-old striker was spotted arriving at the Magpies' training ground on Tuesday to put the finishing touches to a switch from German outfit Freiburg.

Alan Pardew was expected to dip into the transfer market during the winter window, but a central defender was thought to be top of his wish list.

He has, however, opted to bolster his strike force with the capture of Cisse.

The Magpies have benefited greatly from their summer acquisition of Demba Ba and feel that pairing him with his international colleague can further enhance their top-four credentials.

They will, of course, have to wait to see that partnership in action, with both men readying themselves for African Cup of Nations duty.

Upon completing talks with Newcastle, Cisse was whisked away and jetted back to Africa to re-join the Senegal squad.

Pardew is happy to wait, though, as he has acquired the services of a man who has become one of the Bundesliga's top marksmen in recent years.

He netted 22 times last season and has already scored nine goals this term."

What's your Ideal line-up when both Ba & Cisse are back from ACON?

Ryan Taylor----Colocini----Williamson----Santon

Ben Arfa--------Tiote--Cabaye------Guttierez

--------------------Ba----------Cisse---------------

Something like that?

Formidable line up. It would be nice if we good secure another quality centre back. Chuck out Williamson with S.Taylor when his back, as well as rotating Simpson and R.Taylor. With Leon Best coming on at the 70th when we are chasing the game.