Melbourne Football

Newcastle United

ToonHeart

Gone.

Can't help think that the negativity that constantly surrounds this club has led to it's downfall again. Plus dumb shit like signing Shelvey when it was blatantly obvious to everyone that centre back needed to be strengthened.

At least there should be some tasty bargains available to other clubs when Sissoko, Wijnaldum, etc leave.

I feel fucking sick. I'm so gutted and so angry. Mike Ashley and Lee Charnley are utter cunts and I hope they die in a fire tbh. Christ I hope Rafa stays. I guess the only positive is that I don't have to pay for Optus Premier League now as the Championship is on Bein Sports.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mus-28 said:

Gone.

Can't help think that the negativity that constantly surrounds this club has led to it's downfall again. Plus dumb shit like signing Shelvey when it was blatantly obvious to everyone that centre back needed to be strengthened.

At least there should be some tasty bargains available to other clubs when Sissoko, Wijnaldum, etc leave.

Tasty bargains?! Fucking have them for free they're absolutely shite. They can go back to whichever shit league they came from because they are not cut out for England.

Only people I hope stay are Rafa and Mitrovic

37 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

I feel fucking sick. I'm so gutted and so angry. Mike Ashley and Lee Charnley are utter cunts and I hope they die in a fire tbh. Christ I hope Rafa stays. I guess the only positive is that I don't have to pay for Optus Premier League now as the Championship is on Bein Sports.

Any idea how many championship games they'll have? In all honesty that 2009 championship season was the most enjoyable since Fat Mike took over, only bad thing was not being able to watch it properly over here

4 minutes ago, Begbie said:

Tasty bargains?! Fucking have them for free they're absolutely shite. They can go back to whichever shit league they came from because they are not cut out for England.

Only people I hope stay are Rafa and Mitrovic

Any idea how many championship games they'll have? In all honesty that 2009 championship season was the most enjoyable since Fat Mike took over, only bad thing was not being able to watch it properly over here

No idea. Pretty sure they only show certain games at the moment, but next year they have three Bein channels as opposed to just one at the moment, so hopefully most if not all of them. They'll probably realise that Newcastle and Villa are fairly well supported in Australia and try and show as many of their games as they can. Mitrovic if he stays will tear the Championship apart tbh

We got a seat at this table.  Lived in Newcastle for many years, kids raised there, teenage son is a lifelong mad Toon supporter who is slowly getting City-mad.

Newcastle United is owned by a slave-labour tycoon.  The fans are better than the club and the  team, all year every year.

Their two best players near the end of this woeful season actually came from the championship.....from my (other) team - Forest.  Darlow and Lascelles.

It's chronic.  Ashley must go.  Rafa won't stay.

NUFC has incredible support from all over its hard-knocks city and beyond in the Northeast. The fans deserve far better.

How can the Toon can under-achieve for so, so SO  long but yet a blatantly average club like Leicester can come back from the Championship to win the Premiership?

Maybe because all the passion at Newcastle is AROUND the pitch.  Not on it.  

It's a wages-stop for average to good Europeans

Perhaps they can use Curtis Good more now.....  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CityWildcat said:

We got a seat at this table.  Lived in Newcastle for many years, kids raised there, teenage son is a lifelong mad Toon supporter who is slowly getting City-mad.

Newcastle United is owned by a slave-labour tycoon.  The fans are better than the club and the  team, all year every year.

Their two best players near the end of this woeful season actually came from the championship.....from my (other) team - Forest.  Darlow and Lascelles.

It's chronic.  Ashley must go.  Rafa won't stay.

NUFC has incredible support from all over its hard-knocks city and beyond in the Northeast. The fans deserve far better.

How can the Toon can under-achieve for so, so SO  long but yet a blatantly average club like Leicester can come back from the Championship to win the Premiership?

Maybe because all the passion at Newcastle is AROUND the pitch.  Not on it.  

It's a wages-stop for average to good Europeans

Perhaps they can use Curtis Good more now.....  

Well said mate. I think we're seen as a stepping stone for average French blokes to try and get noticed by Champions League clubs and Fat Mike is happy to live off the profits without investing much. Remember at the start of the season when he did his big press conference about how he was committed to the club and he was going to win us trophies? What a laugh. Signing Maclaren in the first place was a shit call, but then not having the balls to sack him when it was clear that he was useless is just unforgivable. Personally I don't think we'll come straight back up like last time. Not unless some drastic changes are made behind the scenes.

Signing McLaren was INSANE, full stop.  He had failed at Forest and we laughed at his departure from the City Ground  (mostly with relief) .... and then went on to fail at Derby. 

He was never ever going to succeed at Newcastle.  He does not have the talent. And that's a FAR bigger canvas than the Reds or our nasty East Mids neighbours across the A52..

How the EFF  McLaren ever became England manager, mere mortals will never know.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

YOU REDS!!!!!! Hahahahaha....We somehow (despite playing shite against NINE MEN) beat the Geordies early this morning. My eldest son is a Forest fan like me and was at  game in Nottingham ....my youngest lives with me here and was raised on Tyneside...ha ha ha  ... I was so happy I didn't make him pick up the puppy poop in our backyard this morning.   If he's still talking to me we will once again combine for the red white and blue at AAMI tonight....

On 12/3/2016 at 2:09 PM, CityWildcat said:

YOU REDS!!!!!! Hahahahaha....We somehow (despite playing shite against NINE MEN) beat the Geordies early this morning. My eldest son is a Forest fan like me and was at  game in Nottingham ....my youngest lives with me here and was raised on Tyneside...ha ha ha  ... I was so happy I didn't make him pick up the puppy poop in our backyard this morning.   If he's still talking to me we will once again combine for the red white and blue at AAMI tonight....

Worst ref performance I can ever remember that. Should never be able to ref in the championship again, utterly out of his depth  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

Well he's actually reffing Fulham vs Rotherham on Tuesday, unfortunately for them. And I wish there was some way that diving prick Lansbury could be retroactively punished

Mental. He'll never ref us again.
Yeah that cheating twat needs punishing 

As previously stated, I'm a Forest fan for 30 years, but  I have no liking for Lansbury's theatrics either.  There's a few of us pissing in the wind apparently on our ''moral high horses''  on Forest forums and getting shot down for it, etc, etc, we are being told ''about time Forest got the rub of the green, everyone's at it'' etc etc but I hate the southern European and South American diving antics and I well remember how the Socceroos were cheated by Italy at the 2006 World Cup.  And look at recent shenanigans against City here!  It sucks.  Stamp it out.  450 wrongs don't make a right.

I was delighted with the win.  Not with the way we won.

Edited by CityWildcat
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Guys One of your own, Paul Gascoigne. is coming to Australia .

Gazza will be at Melbourne Comedy Theatre on Saturday 6th January 2018 , should be a great night and a proper laugh .

Heres the link if anyone is keen on going to see the great man :)

http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/Paul-Gascoigne-tickets/artist/2403002?list_view=1&tm_link=Artist_SwitchTo_List

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...