Melbourne Football

Welcome Marcos rajos

kingofhearts

34 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Yeah I agree that he would make a huge difference and possibly take pressure off the defence. Although, now that I know that WU are after him I dont think its going to get done. I also wouldnt be surprised if there is a bit of 'loyalty' toward victory going on in his head, which further tilts it into WU favor.

Although given the payments rumors, youd probably feel a bit sus to sign for them IMO, I also dont think he fits into their system and Rudan will probably fall out with him given Rudan seems to be a nightmare to play for if you arnt one of those old school work hard blah blah blah players. ie: Seems like Rudan is a bit of a Warren Joyce

It's been amazing the turnaround in goodwill for Rudan as a coach in the space of three months, given where they are sitting on the table.

4 hours ago, Mr MO said:

It would be concerning if we can’t even sign a player like Rojas, provided his demands are market value. Perhaps we are turning to be less attractive to players than we think. If we are stuck in the salary cap and marquee packages with having the wrong players allocated than we can only blame ourselves.

I think that we're still attractive for young players as there's a good development pathway. By the time you are Rojas' age, you want to win something, why would you come to us?

6 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

I think that we're still attractive for young players as there's a good development pathway. By the time you are Rojas' age, you want to win something, why would you come to us?

I’d imagine Rojas has some specific goals. 
I don’t know anything about the bloke but presumably the options are:

1) get back to Europe ASAP

2) look for a big money move in Asia- (that might be harder for Kiwis 🥝 )

3) settle down after too much drama and strive to win a few A League titles.

Whatever the case I’m sure he’ll be interested in the contract terms and if we aren’t in the mix $wise he’ll go elsewhere.

So there was an instagram post from Rojas' brother saying good luck and enjoy the flight or something along those lines yesterday. Wouldnt be surprised if its 10 Monday. I think its done, I reckon the club were extra vigilant given what Troisi did and I reckon they wouldnt have announced Cabrera until they had Rojas sign the dotted line.

5 minutes ago, Dylan said:

So there was an instagram post from Rojas' brother saying good luck and enjoy the flight or something along those lines yesterday. Wouldnt be surprised if its 10 Monday. I think its done, I reckon the club were extra vigilant given what Troisi did and I reckon they wouldnt have announced Cabrera until they had Rojas sign the dotted line.

Agree. And if so, amazing get for us.
I'm curious to see what the deal ends up being. I suspect he will be on a long term deal at a solid wage rather than marquee numbers.

Marco Rojas is ready to rock, he just needs to find a club. Melbourne City had hoped Rojas would replace Uruguayan Javier Cabrera, who officially departed on Sunday, but the Kiwi winger has rejected the Bundoora offer.

It leaves a return to Melbourne Victory or Wellington Phoenix as his most likely outcome. If he in fact signs in the A-League.

Rojas played as recently as December 15, with his Danish club SonderjyskE understood to have offered him a contract extension.His preference was to return “home”.

Victory is doing everything possible to fit him in, but they must release a visa player to make it happen. Austrian Kristijan Dobras and Dane Jakob Poulsen are believed to be the players told they can leave.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/football/duvas-xi-sam-kerr-and-caitlin-foord-our-new-harry-kewell-mark-viduka/news-story/368cca89206173114995d166d3539b78

4 minutes ago, Tommykins said:

I find that a little hard to believe. I wonder if he watched the victory game yesterday - if so, he would be thinking that's the last place he'd want to go to - what a fkn rabble.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rass said:

I find that a little hard to believe. I wonder if he watched the victory game yesterday - if so, he would be thinking that's the last place he'd want to go to - what a fkn rabble.

Well just that line ' Victory have reportedly told Kristijan Dobras and Jakob Poulsen that they can leave the club, to free up a visa spot. ' is dubious. Sure they can leave, but they wont until they find another contract first.

Anyway I guess we will see.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, rass said:

Same. It makes me think one of two things - either a its totally wrong, or b we've got someone else we are pretty happy with already done. There's no chance imo that the club makes that tweet without someone signed, sealed and delivered.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Same. It makes me think one of two things - either a its totally wrong, or b we've got someone else we are pretty happy with already done. There's no chance imo that the club makes that tweet without someone signed, sealed and delivered.

Please be Nico Gaitan. 

19 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Yeah club couldn’t be dumb enough to let Javier go and not have someone signed up and Tweet an announcement will be this week 

It would be a bold call from Rojas to hold out for Victory, no visa spots and you can't just tell a player to leave, especially when both started yesterday and one scored. If he has rejected us, then no worries that's his choice. We move on, but in 3 weeks time when victory still have no visa spot, don't come crawling back. All of this is a massive IF though

6 minutes ago, neio said:

It would be a bold call from Rojas to hold out for Victory, no visa spots and you can't just tell a player to leave, especially when both started yesterday and one scored. If he has rejected us, then no worries that's his choice. We move on, but in 3 weeks time when victory still have no visa spot, don't come crawling back. All of this is a massive IF though

That article was all rumours if and buts facts are there have asked player they can leave big difference to actually mutually terminate a contract though.

City said announcement this week so they must be confident of a signing being done we just don’t know who it is. For all money we asked him weeks ago he rejected and we moved onto new target. 

Edited by CityBoyz
  • Like 1

On 08/01/2020 at 10:53 AM, Bob Latchford said:

Correct. Nothing signed and Cabrera is still training with the team until everything with Rojas is sorted. Club don't want to be caught out by selling one and missing out on the number 1 target.

Looks like we have as he rejected our contract 😬

2 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Or the Machiavellian evil that is Victory. A few days ago WU were apparently beating us to it. A lot of smoke, mirrors and complete bollocks flying around at the moment.... 

According the age it was Western then it was city now victory and Wellington. Even though Talay said he’s finished with the transfers.

Still think we’re in the running for Rojas. Same as with Maclaren last year where the rumour was changing everyday if he was coming or not

5 minutes ago, Bob Latchford said:

Player coming in is better than Rojas. Castro-esque.

Correct. Wanted silly $$$

The only issue I can see with the situation is that, if this player is much better than Rojas, why was Rojas the number 1 target?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Bob Latchford said:

Player coming in is better than Rojas. Castro-esque.

Correct. Wanted silly $$$

Let’s hope so for real this time!

Berenguer was also “Ninkovic” like.

32 minutes ago, Dylan said:

The only issue I can see with the situation is that, if this player is much better than Rojas, why was Rojas the number 1 target?

Fair question 

1 minute ago, Harrison said:

Who said that? Maybe someone said they hope Berenguer is Ninkovic-like. 

Warren Joyce said when the club signed him is like a Ninkovic type of player. Look how that’s turned out we got a bargain basement version or knock off version of that. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CityBoyz said:

Warren Joyce said when the club signed him is like a Ninkovic type of player. Look how that’s turned out we got a bargain basement version or knock off version of that. 

We got the sketchy semi-abandoned Bric-a-brac market version

3 minutes ago, Tommykins said:

Ninkovic would have looked exactly like Berenguer in a Joyce team.

Doubt it, quality always floats to the top.

Seriously, we need to get this guy of our books and get a proper marquee in. I’m so annoyed with this fuck up, it’s completely our own wrong doing as well. Can’t even blame Berenguer for it as he’s got himself a good deal.

• jw1739 locked this topic