Melbourne Football

United Kingdom to break Vienna Convention Treaty?

Attila

Ecuadorian Foreign Minister Ricardo Patino has released information that London Police may break international law (Vienna Convention of Diplomatic Relations) by arresting wikileaks co-founder Julian Assange for breaching the terms of his bail in 2010, which would then lead to him being extradited to Sweden to face alleged sexual assault against two Swedish women. The interesting part is that a British Embassy in Ecuador sent a letter to the Ecuadorians, which they found to be 'threatening', in which the British detailed they would forcefully enter the embassy in accordance with the Diplomatic and Consular Premises act of 1987.

The reason for Julian Assange seeking Asylum in the Ecuadorian Embassy was the possible extradition to the United States of America after releasing sensitive information that included war reports from during and post the War in Iraq and exposing embarrassing remarks made by diplomats and world leaders.

So far, the British have not let up on the possibility of arresting Assange, so options for Julian Assange has been discussed over the web and the bew. The two most popular are:

1. Sneaking out of the country

2. Becoming an Ecuadorian Diplomat, which gives him diplomatic immunity.

I carry no brief for either of them...

...but, as with David Hicks, our government has done absolutely nothing to assist one of our own citizens, Julian Assange. Instead we kow-tow to the Americans. As we did to China in the Stern Hu case.

An absolute disgrace that we desert him in his hour of need.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1

There are many things that I would like to say on here about this case that are so politically incorrect that I do not wish to bring the forum into disrepute by saying them.

Save to say that I am ashamed that, while we are prepared to do seemingly anything to save others, we have forsaken one of our own in this way.

• Like 2

ITT: people learn how the world works.

Assanage will not live as a free man for long. He will be killed or incarcerated in some underground jail. The zionist runs the world, he caused them some slight disruption and now must be dealt with. Standard procedure that happens on a daily basis TBH. Dont see the big deal.

LOL @ people with their dicks in their hand "INTERNATIONAL LAW" *fap* *fap* *fap*. Strong brainwash thinking that laws apply to the actions of the zionist, especially international law.

Sending your IPs to the zionist so your dissent can be squashed, I will then probably end up being a shareholder and executive in a multi-million dollar company within a month.

Deal with it.

• Like 2

Cant they just land a helicopter in the embassy then land said helicopter and land it on a ship and then GTFO, what is the UK gonna do, shoot down an Ecudaorian diplomatic helicopter? This stand off ATM is retarded.

Edited by Tesla

Cant they just land a helicopter in the embassy then land said helicopter and land it on a ship and then GTFO, what is the UK gonna do, shoot down an Ecudaorian diplomatic helicopter? This stand off ATM is retarded.

1-There is no room on or around the building that would be suitable to land a helicopter. This idea has been well explored apparently.

2- As a sovereign nation who is party to the international charter on Air-Transit law, the UK may also have grounds to potentially deny flight clearance if doing expressly preserves 'the National Interest' and/or allowing the flight would directly/indirectly lead to the UK contravening its 'International Obligations' ie Breaking reciprocal extradition treaties.

Still, I agree that this whole saga is rather childish/laughable.