• 20 Luna
    • 19 Wales
    • 11 Noone
    • 9 Maclaren
    • 4 Delbridge
    • 7 Griffiths
    • 2 Galloway

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/01/20 at 01:00 AM

10 hours ago, Originalmeme said:

i must not have watched the same game - everyone voting noone yikes!

Agreed. I always like Noone but it wasn’t impressive in my opinion. 

People seem to get carried away with one dink and lots of possession as we utilised the right side a fair bit. Completely ignoring the one sided fruitless cut ins, not once did he switch it up to the outside. Very little opposition as well played against another winger as right back.

More importantly besides looking a little threatening nothing came out of it.

Watching the replay he lost possession 8 times with failed cut ins and poor passing in the first 10 minutes of the game. Countless unnecessary turnovers during the rest of the game as well.

Slow inside movement also caused mistimed runs from Luna and Maclaren in the second half.

Anyway that’s my 2 cents. Luna and Brilliante far more impressive with unnoticed smart play and work rate.

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 3

The way I see it with Noone is he has the quality that if he gets enough chances to make an assist or score a goal he will eventually do it. The issue with that is how many chances does he need until something happens? For that assist he created, and it was beautifully weighted dink over the top, he had lost or miss hit a dozen attacking moments. 

Edit: just realised @Mr MO says it all. 

Edited by n i k o
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr MO said:

Agreed. I always like Noone but it wasn’t impressing in my opinion. 

People seem to get carried away with one dink and lots of possession as we utilised the right side a fair bit. Completely ignoring the one sided fruitless cut ins, not once did he switch it up to the outside. Very little opposition as well played against another winger as right back.

More importantly besides looking a little threatening nothing came out of it.

Watching the replay he lost possession 8 times with failed cut ins and poor passing in the first 10 minutes of the game. Countless unnecessary turnovers during the rest of the game as well.

Slow inside movement also caused mistimed runs from Luna and Maclaren in the second half.

Anyway that’s my 2 cents. Luna and Brilliante far more impressive with unnoticed smart play and work rate.

Brillante really does need to continue to be played in the deep role. As well as Griffiths has played the team plays much better when Brillante is sitting in front of the defence playing the deep lying play maker role. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, n i k o said:

The way I see it with Noone is he has the quality that if he gets enough chances to make an assist or score a goal he will eventually do it. The issue with that is how many chances does he need until something happens? For that assist he created, and it was beautifully weighted dink over the top, he had lost or miss hit a dozen attacking moments. 

Edit: just realised @Mr MO says it all. 

IMO the bar has to be set higher for visa players.

• Like 1