Melbourne Football

Jose Guerrero del Solar

Che

Nice step-over and a pin-point cross to create the first goal tonight.

Can we have foreign players in the NYL squad?

Edit: He was described as 'Chilean-Australian' in this article http://www.humeweekly.com.au/news/local/sport/football-soccer/vpl-hume-city-injects-new-blood/2453677.aspx?storypage=2

Apparently his nickname in Chile is 'The Kangaroo.' So there must be an Australian connection.

Edited by jw1739

I think he lived here as a kid. Maybe even born here? Hopefully he might have citizenship. I think we need another player like him in the squad. A winger who can take on defenders, has a few tricks, and can cross. Maybe Golgol can be that player, but I don't think Williams has the tools for that role. Jose looked good! The step over and cross to create the first goal was probably the best thing any player from either side did tonight.

Edited by Sash
  • Like 2

I think he lived here as a kid. Maybe even born here? Hopefully he might have citizenship. I think we need another player like him in the squad. A winger who can take on defenders, has a few tricks, and can cross. Maybe Golgol can be that player, but I don't think Williams has the tools for that role. Jose looked good! The step over and cross to create the first goal was probably the best thing any player from either side did tonight.

Apparently lived here for a while with his mother. Trying to obtain Australian citizenship according to this: http://www.footballanarchy.net/forum/jose-guerrero-del-solar-on-trial-at-sydney-fc-t37660.html

His crossing on the right wing in the first half was great - set up the first goal and then placed a perfect ball to Williams, who probably didn't think the pass was going to be that good in the end. Good pace, linked well, found space, and yes, there were nutmegs.

I'd hand him at least an NYL contract. My hesitation is about where he would be played in a senior side, given Dugandzic, Williams and Golgol are signed up.

Mate Dugandzic came over and chatted to my mate and I for 5 minutes during the game and he told me only met him that night, he hasn't been trialling with the club at any stage but they needed a right mid for last nights match so called him in.

Not sure where it will go but he looked pretty handy.

Mate Dugandzic came over and chatted to my mate and I for 5 minutes during the game and he told me only met him that night, he hasn't been trialling with the club at any stage but they needed a right mid for last nights match so called him in...

Goodness me, at this stage of the preseason we're plugging gaps like that?

No wonder we played like a rabble. For the most part it was just kick and rush.

I still can't believe that we let Govas and Konyit go.

Goodness me, at this stage of the preseason we're plugging gaps like that?

No wonder we played like a rabble. For the most part it was just kick and rush.

I still can't believe that we let Govas and Konyit go.

who said he wasnt better than Govas or Konyit? i didnt go, but sounds like he is rated highly enough....