Melbourne Football

The Cure - Melbourne I'm in Love

FB.

• 1 month later...

PPL wont - They will do "We are Melbourne" for 60 Minutes instead...

You still don't understand the psyche of the disgruntled supporter in relation to this comment. What we saw that night was a celebration of mediocrity, and a rebellion against boredom, manifested as a song/dance that continued in to the long shadows of the night.

• Like 1

You still don't understand the psyche of the disgruntled supporter in relation to this comment. What we saw that night was a celebration of mediocrity, and a rebellion against boredom, manifested as a song/dance that continued in to the long shadows of the night.

This is the description of the first time. ;)

Then came the second time :mellow:

Then came the third time :mellow:

And finally the fourth... :unsure:

Four second halves at Home where we thereabouts chanted the same chant over and over, and lets not forget that at the same stage Mongburn did the same for at least one of their second halves as well... :unsure:

I am strong believer the Terrace its like the Charts, Chants come in and are great at first but most have a used by date.

Look at JCGE: it was the best chant of Season One but by Season Two it was stale and felt like a chore to chant whenever started it so it was eventually dropped.

I just feel "We Are Melbourne" has also just about run its natuaral course by being overplayed by both Melb Clubs at the end of last season - I guess the proof will be in the energy PPL put into when it is started over the next few weeks.

Most importantly, when we chant such Continental Ultra-esque chants for almost four second halves in a row it means its awfully hard to find a time to do the UK-esque chants like: "Melbourne I am in Love".

Edited by cadete

TBH it’s a problem with the song not really having a Chorus in the first Place.

Best Solution: Get rid of Jidda Jidda’s, and do a kind of “Ohhhhh” you hear in between the verses of AFL Footy Songs and sing it through again but the second team just slightly a bit faster and with claps.

anyway.......

What do you lads think about the 'Jidda Jidda' part? I dont really get it tbh.

My opinion is that we are probably best just getting people singing the first bit initially

I don't care if Victory's Blue,

Melbourne's Red and Heart is too,

Oh Sydney we don't care about you,

It's Melbourne I'm in Love

Then once we have the majority of the terrace knowing and singing this, then we worry about expanding on it (which i dont think will need to happen until later on in the season). Keep it simple.

have noticed in the past with chants that originally come from songs, that sometimes we tend to sing them differently to the video/tune and sort of just chant it out (if that makes sense lol)

I think this is something that needs to be discussed before we sing it.

are we going to sing it the way it is made out in the video? Or adjust it to a chant?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...