Melbourne Football

The NBA Thread

scouse_roar

Will run out of jizz if Spurs somehow win the Championship.

Same here, fucken hate the heat. Unfortuantly i don't think the spurs can beat them in a 7 game series unless 1 of the big 3 goes down.

Lets just hope Tony parker keeps up his good form of late and make it interesting. 

Jason Kidd hired as HC. I don't even know how to feel about this one. Brian Shaw was clearly the standout candidate.

The coach is the least of your problems, your list is overpaid and overrated, I just don't know what you can do with that list. Kidd's a smart guy but you should've gone for a more experienced coach. Another first round exit coming for you guys

Jason Kidd hired as HC. I don't even know how to feel about this one. Brian Shaw was clearly the standout candidate.

The coach is the least of your problems, your list is overpaid and overrated, I just don't know what you can do with that list. Kidd's a smart guy but you should've gone for a more experienced coach. Another first round exit coming for you guys.

Our list/salary is a situation in which we can do nothing about. I also reject the premise that our list is overrated, it's definitely an overpaid list but not an overrated one. There are a couple of things that need to be worked on, such as working out the Williams/Johnson combo. It is definitely a combo that can work as they are both completely different players and can play different roles in the Guard role.

The P&R is obviously Williams favoured play, while Johnson is a bit more physical and can bruise his way to the rim or be a nuisance for the opposing team from the 3 point line. His mid range shot is generally good as well. What I think the problem is that both of them want to be the commanding player and play against each other rather than working together. Kidd will excel here for obvious reasons.

If Gerald Wallace can add the perimeter shot to his repertoire this adds a lot to not only the team on game day, but his worth to the team as more than just a bundle of energy. If Lopez can stay healthy and hit a few more boards he will just be about the best Centre in the league. Not really down to Kidd but it would need to be emphasized that he needs to hit a few more boards.

These are just a couple of things a HC would need to work on, there is a lot to be worked on in such a small amount of time. Instant success is the only thing that interests Prokhorov and he wont have a lot of patience if the team is performing badly, but patience is what a coach with no experience would need.

Edited by Attila

Manu has played really bad this series! It makes me sad. Splitter didn't have the best game. Next game is a must win to put the pressure on them to win at home. Still have faith! Go spurs.

But the real reason we lost was we didn't have patty mills on the bench with his towel waving and postive vibes! Get him back on

• Like 1

Parker said it well when he said that if you told any Spurs player that they would be 3-3 against the Heat in the finals earlier in the season they would have taken it.

Nothing to lose now.

Don't think I can bare to watch this game. Too much for my ticker. Gonna just get the 3QT score and see if I feel like watching from then on in. Stress levels have been through the roof this series.

For anyone interested the NBA draft is on at 9.30am today on ESPN, Got two Aussie prospects in Matthew Dellavadova and Brock Motum.

Also a kiwi called Steven Adams has a good chance of being drafted. Matty will hopefully be a late second round pick

Edited by kingofhearts

For anyone interested the NBA draft is on at 9.30am today on ESPN, Got two Aussie prospects in Matthew Dellavadova and Brock Motum.

Also a kiwi called Steve Adams has a good chance of being drafted. Matty will hopefully be a late second round pick

Big Valerie's little brother from Rotorua.  

• Like 1

Pretty weak draft from what I've seen. I've always had a soft spot for the Pistons so I hope they draft that 6'6 PG (Can't remember his name ffs) or Trey Burke slides because they need a PG who's not gonna cough the ball up. Pretty sure they were ranked in the bottom few teams for turnovers & turnover/assist ratio.

Inb4 Spurs find some gun at pick 28 ala Parker, Ginobilli and pretty much our whole team bar Duncan.

Also a kiwi called Steven Adams has a good chance of being drafted. Matty will hopefully be a late second round pick

Is Dell any serious chance of getting picked? Never thought he was good enough for the NBA, but would love to be proven wrong.

Is Dell any serious chance of getting picked? Never thought he was good enough for the NBA, but would love to be proven wrong.

They reckon he'll be a late second round pick, he's a solid pg, he made the top 5 last season in the bob cousy award, the award that goes to the best pg in the country. The problem is he's not very athletic, and he's coming into a position were most pg's are freak athlete's. He would be a good player off the bench