Melbourne Football

The NBA Thread

scouse_roar

• 3 weeks later...

Brooklyn will hopefully get a decent playoff this season, feeling pretty good coming into the season with Joe Johnson, Deron Williams, Gerald Wallace, Marshon Brooks and Brook Lopez all fit.

You're lost.

Edited by Woody

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Wolves are my Smokey for a a playoff run.

Sixers - Nuggets game atm is decent viewing. Little bit upsetting we have to wait a little longer for the Knicks to kick fuck out of the Nets.

EDIT - Sixers game died relatively quickly after this.

Edited by Woody

Wolves are my Smokey for a a playoff run.

Sixers - Nuggets game atm is decent viewing. Little bit upsetting we have to wait a little longer for the Knicks to kick fuck out of the Nets.

EDIT - Sixers game died relatively quickly after this.

Minnesota White Boys FTW.

Need Pistons to win for a multi. Lift cunts!

EDIT - Last time I get conned into believing that Detroit can be a decent team.

Edited by MaliMate

wut.

This shows again how little you know.

Changing cities and being part owned by a fuckwit doesn't rid you of a ratshit squad and a losing mentality.

Plus going up against Melo, Stoudemire, Chandler, Kidd, Shumpert, Novak, Smith, Camby should be tough for most teams,but you're perennial shit cunts and as plastic as Man City so wouldn't worry about it.

Well the OKC - Spurs game went from boring, to good, to great. Tony Parker winning it after the buzzer, Russell Westbrook played some awfully lax defence on the last play though.

Sadly, the Wolves need to keep it around .500 without Love and Rubio until December, which would be wonderful, but unlikely, if we were to mount a playoff run. Brandon Roy and Pek will have to be gods in the meantime, fingers crossed.

And in much better news, my sister is coming back from the USA on Tuesday, with all my T-Wolves gear.

• 2 weeks later...

Fuck I hate the Knicks and they're legion of supporters in Melbourne (No offence Woody) who are always up & about when they're doing well yet can't be seen/heard when the inevitable playoffs failure occurs. Literally every cocksmoker in the north west now has a Anthony Knicks Jersey & it fucking irks me.

Always hated the Knicks. Always hated Carmelo Anthony.

Am gonna have immense joy watching them bomb out of the playoffs. Be it the first round or the Finals, I fucking love seeing this abomination of a franchise fail.

• Like 1

No offence taken. I hate them as well.

Couldn't be happier with the way we are travelling (also picked up a clean pineapple off a mate with today's result) and the fact that we've finally gone back to a decent jersey design.

Roffing at my previous stance that'd we'd lose a bit of stride without Lin (not just because of him, but those around him)

JR Smith :wub:

Fuck the Nets.

No offence taken. I hate them as well.

Couldn't be happier with the way we are travelling (also picked up a clean pineapple off a mate with today's result) and the fact that we've finally gone back to a decent jersey design.

Roffing at my previous stance that'd we'd lose a bit of stride without Lin (not just because of him, but those around him)

JR Smith :wub:

Fuck the Nets.

Yeh Lin is overrated as fuck, have been saying this since that week of madness earlier this year. Makes a buzzer beater against the Raptors FFS & everyone is on his dick.

I think the Knicks will do well this year but your bench isn't strong enough to do anything come playoffs, especially considering the age of Kidd, Rasheed etc.

I think the Knicks will do well this year but your bench isn't strong enough to do anything come playoffs, especially considering the age of Kidd, Rasheed etc.

Disagree strongly.

You only have to look at the 5 we start with. Nobody would have predicted that combo pre season.

Sure depth isn't as strong as should be, but the players we have to rotate off the bench could/would be starters at a majority of other teams.

don't know much about nba tbh other than watching espn games. need a team to feign a mild interest in (and thus talk about how big a fan i am of said team in a year's time).

who's the everton of the NBA? someone who is always up around there but never quite gets there.

liked the bulls a bit as a kid (as most people my age and above/below did) but not so keen now.

Knicks do this every year. They win 5-6 in a row, all the fans get excited and rub one out,

than the league returns to normal. There's just no way they are getting past miami. They

still need stoudimire to be playing well to get anywhere near them

Edited by kingofhearts
  • Like 1