Melbourne Football

Friday October 5 - 7.30pm Melbourne FC vs. Visitors

Jimmy

Just so im clear, whats happening regarding pre drinks and shit. I was assuming we would be down at the imp before hand but just saw a post on facebook by yarraside saying this:

"Melbourne Derby VII: YSIDE Pregame — 5 October at 14:00 at Bev & Mick's Bacpackers @ McMahons."

all previous etihad derby's have had the pre game at bev and micks...

Correct, here is the Official YSIDE Pregame Event on FB:

http://www.facebook.com/events/526137490733927/?context=create

just out of curiosity, had a look at how many seats were left in the away supporters bays, and its looking very promising, Bays 20,19 and 18 are all sold out, with 21 and 17 just about. Not sure how that is in comparison to numbers last years but look pretty damn good!!

Get pumped boys!!!!!

Heart coach John Aloisi set to punt on young guns David Vrankovic, Ben Garuccio for Melbourne derby

NEW coach John Aloisi will ensure he's not the only Melbourne Heart debutant on Friday night by punting on at least one untried teen for the derby.

Young defender David Vrankovic looks set to be blooded, while Aloisi is contemplating throwing another new signing, Ben Garuccio, into the squad for the blockbuster.

Former Gold Coast striker Dylan Macallister may be rewarded for strong pre-season form with a start in a squad otherwise similar to last season.

Only Golgol Mebrahtu is unavailable.

The fixture comes a week too soon for Jonatan Germano, who has only just returned from an ankle injury, and Clint Bolton appears set to get the nod in goal ahead of Andrew Redmayne.

Heart has blooded kids from the get-go, with Curtis Good, Eli Babalj and Brendan Hamill all sold overseas after extended runs in the seniors. Aloisi said that philosophy would continue.

"All the players are in form, that goes for young Ben Garuccio or David Vrankovic, I've got no problem if I have to put them in or play them," Aloisi said.

"It's going to be hard to leave anyone out, they all deserve to be in there."

Aloisi's pre-season focus has been on starting well. He told conditioning staff each senior player must get two 90-minute matches under their belts before Round 1.

That includes Fred, who played most of last season under an injury cloud and was operated on in April.

"It's really important we get off to a good start because the last two seasons it's taken us a while to get a win on the board, then you're playing catch-up," Aloisi said.

http://www.heraldsun...x-1226486914411

Edited by heart_fan10

just out of curiosity, had a look at how many seats were left in the away supporters bays, and its looking very promising, Bays 20,19 and 18 are all sold out, with 21 and 17 just about. Not sure how that is in comparison to numbers last years but look pretty damn good!!

Get pumped boys!!!!!

Unfortunately, this isn't strictly correct. Ticketmaster shows bays as 'not available' when they are trying to sell-out certain away bays before another bay. They just opened up bay 18 and not one ticket has been sold in bay 18 yet, get on it lads!!!!!1!!!! We need to fill bay 18 and our away allocation will be full.

Regards.

• Like 1

Bay 18 was available before bay 19 was opened up.

From what I have read bays 20 and 18 are our active bays which should look great :unsure: .

Lets see if we can get all three bays standing and making some noise.

If you go on ticket-master right now, you can see that you can purchase nearly every ticket in bay 18 right now...

I just purchased two tickets in bay 18 for myself and a mate though, i have many uni assignments to do over the weekend but I pushed myself to go.

GO here:

http://www.ticketmas...4&minorcatid=11

And click on bay 18 and it will show you in dark-blue the seats that are still available.

There are ~150 tickets in bay 18 left, after this, we would've filled bay 18,19,20 and 21 as active support, I've monitored progress on this and the other bays are all sold out.

IMO, we need to get every on who's half-hearted to make that decision to fill out those last 150 places, it will look splendid having the away bay full.

Conversely, it will look shit bay 18 is nearly entirely empty.

Edited by Damien

There's street parking around the backstreets near where Festival Hall is, going out to Vic Market. Depends how early you get there. There's also parking at the back of the Remand Centre, but hard to get unless you get there really early.

(free if possible - Scottish blood).

of course u are! i remember my mates face drop the last time he asked me for a pint and i replied with a yes! cunt was heartbroken!

anyway... my mate lives in stanley st, if u get there early enough theres a few free parks around there and along the bottom

• Like 3