Melbourne Football

Friday October 5 - 7.30pm Melbourne FC vs. Visitors

Jimmy

Derby VII @ Etihad

Two months until our season opener against Victory at that terrible stadium and I personally am getting restless waiting for the season to start. I find myself on these forums a lot more than I should I be and am counting down the days.

Their defense has been very shaky so far this preseason from reports so hopefully we can finish up our squad with some good signings and start the season perfectly with a big win over the mongs.

See ya there.

• Like 2

As long as our defence stays organised and solid, we'll destroy them. They had a full defence in against oakleigh last week (apart from Leijer who is terrible anyway), and still copped 4. By the sounds of things Ange is getting them to play out of the back no matter what, and as it showed with brisbane, particularly in the early stages of this "style of play", they will get caught out and concede goals. We just have to make sure the likes of Tadic/Dugandzic take their chances. Even though their attacking third is fairly good, there'll definitely be games this season where they'll cop 4 or 5. It also doesn't help them that Velaphi is a terrible keeper.

It's been pointed out before that we tend to play better against the 'footballing sides' in the league, so now that the visitors actually seem like they're trying to play football, we should play well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

From email:

The season is fast approaching and tickets are now available for members! Are you ready?

We can't wait for you to you join us this season and get down to AAMI Park. 2012-13 represents an opportunity for our fans to take centre stage, cheer us on and be our No.12. It's time to play your part for the love of the game.

Please click here( http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=ALEAGUE13 ) for tickets for football family members.

Click here ( http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/promo/0bl8qq ) to access Ticketmaster to purchase tickets to our Melbourne Derby against Melbourne Victory at Etihad on Friday 5 October.

In order to purchase tickets, you must have your membership barcord number handy.

You would think so. I went to Ticketmaster at Etihad Stadium and was told I can not purchase them today.

I think she was busy playing Farmville on her ipad though, which explains why I couldn't get tickets.

You can buy tickets on ticketmaster, as I have already done.

Edited by lucas

You can buy tickets on ticketmaster, as I have already done.

I went on the Ticketmaster website and it said that tickets are not available until Monday. The e-mail from the Heart said we would need our members barcode? What is it and where are we supposed to enter it?

I'm off to buy a copy of "Football Internet for Dummies".

So bay 18 is generally for the average Heart fan, not interested in the active scene?

Gonna purchase tickets for the family, want them to be close to the action, however don't want to throw them in the deep end straight up.

I have sat in bay 19 with my family for the last two derbies at docklands. Close to the active area so we can make noise, stand up etc. along with those around us without copping poles in the head, being caught up with security hassles and the like. It has worked well and I believe once tickets go on sale generally you will be able to buy in bay 19.

Still tossing up where to sit/stand this year. The young ones are border line young and probably wouldn't mind bay 20. Not sure about my wife.

It would be good to fill both bay 20 and 19 as bay 19 last year was a bit sparsley populated the closer you got to bay 18. I would like to see all the away bays red and white. Perhaps we need to space out?

• Like 1