Melbourne Football

Matchday 13: v Western United - Friday 3rd January 7.30 pm at AAMI Park

Harrison

Time to focus on our next match. 

Metcalfe, Glover, Najjarine and Genreau are unavailable so there will be a few changes. 

Bouzanis returns, unfortunately Jamieson will come back in but maybe Atkinson can move up to the wing and Cabrera shift over to the other side for Noone. Can Windbichler make a surprise return? The midfield will either be Luna or Berenguer next to Griffiths and Brillante.

WU are ripe for the picking with so many injuries to their defence. 

Edited by Harrison

58 minutes ago, Imtellingyou said:

This is within our range.  Win and 6K City attendance. It's hard to predict number of WU fans. 

They are giving away free tickets to at least some members. So they should bring at least a few. 

37 minutes ago, mjake1234 said:

Why do they keep changing the starting time. It's hard enough to go to start with without missing part of the game.

Oh, commercial imperatives.

Dumb decision given the weather forecast for that day. It's going to be hot, so the later the better. 

1 hour ago, Harrison said:

Time to focus on our next match. Take note it’s at 7, not 7.30.

Metcalfe, Glover, Najjarine and Genreau are unavailable so there will be a few changes. 

Bouzanis returns, unfortunately Jamieson will come back in but maybe Atkinson can move up to the wing and Cabrera shift over to the other side for Noone. Can Windbichler make a surprise return? The midfield will either be Luna or Berenguer next to Griffiths and Brillante.

WU are ripe for the picking with so many injuries to their defence. 

Where is this new start time? Club website still has 7.30.

• Thanks 1

I have absolutely no confidence in this game as Western will sit back, they won with 28% possession against brisbane. And they were full strength. Now with all their injuries, they will hit on the break and make us break them down. Which I'm not sure we have the ability to do, if we score early we win, but the lo ger it stays nil all, all I can see is a Berisha 90th minute winner

4 hours ago, neio said:

I have absolutely no confidence in this game as Western will sit back, they won with 28% possession against brisbane. And they were full strength. Now with all their injuries, they will hit on the break and make us break them down. Which I'm not sure we have the ability to do, if we score early we win, but the lo ger it stays nil all, all I can see is a Berisha 90th minute winner

I was there to watch them in Ballarat. Take it from me, they have no defence. That doesn't mean we won't stuff it up, but it won't be because WU can park the bus. 

City to win 3-1. Berisha to score for them.

Oakleigh will be dead coz everyone will be at AAMI Park watching Panagiotis Kone (if he plays)! There's no BBL on so this will be the biggest non-victard-derby crowd since Del Piero came to town!

Then again, it will be hot and too far for WU fans to travel from Geelong/Ballarat so might just crack 8k crowd! lol

2.Scott GALLOWAY, 3.Scott JAMIESON, 4.Harrison DELBRIDGE, 6.Josh BRILLANTE, 7.Rostyn GRIFFITHS, 8.Javier CABRERA, 9.Jamie MACLAREN, 10.Florin BERENGUER 11.Craig NOONE, 13.Nathaniel ATKINSON, 19.Lachlan WALES, 20.Adrian LUNA, 22.Curtis GOOD, 23.Dean BOUZANIS, 30.Moudi NAJJAR, 35.Raphael BORGES RODRIGUES, 40.Richard WINDBICHLER, 46.Joe GAUCI, 49.Stefan COLAKOVSKI

Ins: 3.Scott JAMIESON (returns from illness), 30.Moudi NAJJAR (promoted), 35.Raphael BORGES RODRIGUES (promoted), 49.Stefan COLAKOVSKI (promoted), 46.Joe GAUCI (promoted)

Outs: 1.Tom GLOVER (international duty), 21.Ramy NAJJARINE (international duty), 34.Connor METCALFE (international duty)

Unavailable: 17.Denis GENREAU (international duty)

Edited by Harrison

10 hours ago, Red or Dead said:

City to win 3-1. Berisha to score for them.

Oakleigh will be dead coz everyone will be at AAMI Park watching Panagiotis Kone (if he plays)! There's no BBL on so this will be the biggest non-victard-derby crowd since Del Piero came to town!

Then again, it will be hot and too far for WU fans to travel from Geelong/Ballarat so might just crack 8k crowd! lol

Give over. Plenty of us travel from there to AAMI for every match. 

6 minutes ago, rass said:

Wouldn't be surprised at all, it's quite terrible out there. It would be a nightmare for any asthmatics, etc playing tonight.

Pretty thick down in Geelong, so if it's the same in the city, I can see this being called off for the sake of both players and spectators. Nothing to see here, says the government... 

1 hour ago, Imtellingyou said:

Nah, it's all good. It was worse on the East coast. Footballers are healthy stock. 

Probably not a good choice of words. It's not all good when 3.5% of the land area of the state is on fire or burnt, and 28 people are dead. This is an emergency situation. At least our state government has the balls to use the E word. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, playmaker said:

The air is fine.

Play football.

Stop with the hyperbolic Armageddon rubbish.

Were you anywhere near AAMI when these messages were sent?

Oh.. and tell that to all the people who lost everything.

Edited by rass
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1