Melbourne Football

Richie Cardozo

toogood18

He's back from Austria, does anyone reckon he is worth a look in?

Yeah, give him a trial first and see how he perfoms. He's quite young and could fill that back up AM role.

EDIT: After a wikipedia search he's older than I thought (26). Could still do the job and there isn't many better options.

Edited by Jimmy

Yeah, give him a trial first and see how he perfoms. He's quite young and could fill that back up AM role.

EDIT: After a wikipedia search he's older than I thought (26). Could still do the job and there isn't many better options.

I really doubt Heart will look at Richie as we have a very similar player already in Kalmar...

We've got to have a plan...one that looks after the current season and those following. It's no good going from season to season just plugging holes. I hope there's one in place...the idea of leaving 2-3 spots open so we can sign suitable players as they come along seems to be the genesis of one...but if we really think that we need another AM and another forward line utility/winger then it beats me why we're continuing to trial players who are primarily defenders.

Therefore I would have thought Cardozo is worth a look. He's local, he'd probable sign for one year if it was offered.

However, I suspect we're getting ourselves in a corner by not having enough youth players in the senior squad - if that rule still applies.