Melbourne Football
scouse_roar

The Football League (Championship, League One, League Two)

jw1739    9,441
16 hours ago, Shahanga said:

Wow.

Sunderland, Bolton and Birmingham all in the 2nd Div drop zone. league tables don’t respect “desire” and “history”.

@Shahanga They've all been down in the third tier before.

Shahanga    4,463
On 28/12/2017 at 9:23 AM, jw1739 said:

@Shahanga They've all been down in the third tier before.

Didn’t Sunderland just go down from the premier league? So at risk of back to back relegations? Or have I missed a season?

Tommykins    742

Bolton Wanderers stayed up by the absolute skin of their teeth last night. 1-0 up, 2-1 down with 3 minutes remaining then David Wheather and old man Wilbraham scored within a minute, jump the Trotters up two places and survive to scrap another year out in The Championship, can't remember ever being more stressed in my life.

Edited by Tommykins

jw1739    9,441

Highlights of the season for me include Wolves back in the EPL, and Accrington Stanley, "the club that just wouldn't die," up into League 1. Good to see a few dreams coming true.

Jovan    4,024

What about Wornock taking Cardiff to the EPL. This bloke has now won 8 promotions which is staggering considering how he sets up a team. 

• Like 1

Shahanga    4,463

Thoughts on the Leeds - Aston Villa game?

i guess after playing middle eastern teams we’ve adopted a culture of “there is no rule that requires the ball to be kicked out” so no professional football should stop playing because he wants the opposition to stop.

Clearly not the culture in England it seems. 

bt50    4,667
1 hour ago, Shahanga said:

Thoughts on the Leeds - Aston Villa game?

i guess after playing middle eastern teams we’ve adopted a culture of “there is no rule that requires the ball to be kicked out” so no professional football should stop playing because he wants the opposition to stop.

Clearly not the culture in England it seems. 

Imo no way they should have been required to stop. "Stopping" is entirely on the attacking team imo and their assessment of how serious the injury is.

The villa bloke clearly had a middle eastern injury so fuck em. Play the whistle you cunts.

Edited by bt50
  • Like 1

Tommykins    742

Meanwhile Bolton will actually play this weekend as the EFL has stepped in and paid our wages from March. The only real good thing to come out of this is that our indoor team will be wearing Bolton shirts next year and I paid peanuts for them.

Highly recommend reading about this shitshow if you want to know what bad ownership actually looks like:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/apr/26/bolton-players-to-strike-over-unpaid-wages

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/apr/30/bolton-v-brentford-still-no-date-for-rearranged-match-after-player-protest

We're literally relying on Laurence fucking Bassini saving us, which is just beyond the pale.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laurence_Bassini

Everything is fine.

mus-28    2,584

Leeds going from in control at 2-0 up in the tie, to 2-3 down in the space of 14 minutes. Taking choking to the next level.